Thursday, October 20, 2011

Something Beautiful

I saw a painter. He glazed at the heavens and smiled. Took his brush just to paint a small blue line on the canvas. One hour I waited, and it was only that one small line there on the canvas unchanged.

Couldn’t resist my curiosity, I asked the man: “What are you trying to paint?” He just smiled at me, saying “You’ll see.”

Three hours later, I was sitting on a chair near the “slow motion” painter, my legs just couldn’t stand anymore. I looked at the sky and it was getting dark. I saw the man and his painting. He added some other few black and yellow lines, and my tongue just couldn’t stop complaining. “Let’s go home, you are not getting anywhere with this painting.” But the man looked at me in my very eyes, his eyes was full of peace and calmness. He spoke very softly, “not yet, my friend.”

I was asleep, it was just too long for me to wait, until the light beam of the sun disturbed my sleepy eyes. Still tired, I tried to close my eyes once again, but something else just attracted my sleepy eyes. It was the painting. A painting of a man whose face I knew not. But that man saved me and showed me how to live. It was Him, my love and savior. He smiled showing his honest love to me. The most beautiful painting I’ve ever seen.

image

Man never understand the beauty of time. “The sooner, the better”, we say. We hate to wait. We said “excuse me” when someone’s blocking our way. We horn our car loudly when we felt we have no time, sometimes we shouted (in our heart or out from our mouth) if it was a bad day. But we forgot that the painter of our lives knows the best plan in His perfect timing.

He uses not only the brushes of bright color blessings to paint our lives’ canvas. He also uses the dark color brushes of time to make it even more beautiful.

For what is never seen, never heard, never came to our mind, is what God prepared for those who loves Him.

Something eternal. Something too beautiful, no one can erase.

“What is it?”, we asked.

“You’ll see.”, the Painter answered.

 the brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, it is just the author’s name

No comments:

Post a Comment