Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Funny Way to Live

It was the gloomiest day in my life, Happened a long time ago, but it felt like yesterday. That day, I thought I’ve had enough with this life. I felt it was over. The one I love the most, turns to be the one who hurts me the most. A simple “NO” to my love is like a death sentence for me.

As my hope and dream ended, I asked the Lord to end my life as well. I was going to jump myself to the road, to end all of my troubles. I tried to, but I was too afraid.

image

Losing hope doesn’t mean losing appetite for me :). So, I bought a loaf of bread and some drink, I went home to say “see you later” to all of my troubles by laying my head on my lovely bed.

As I tried to sleep, I heard a voice in my heart saying: “hear that sermon in your laptop, it is sermon number xxx (I forgot).” But I was too tired, I slept.

When I woke up, I didn’t forget the words I heard the day before. As I played the recorded sermon, the preacher told me a story of a prophet named Elijah. He was very strong in his faith: three and a half years there was no rain in Israel, but the day came when Elijah prayed for the rain and the heavens gave rain.

But there was one time in Elijah’s life when he was in serious despair because someone made an oath to take his life. Elijah felt that God had left him. He even asked God to take his life. Just like I did.

You know what was God’s answer? God said NO to his prayer. Just as He said NO to my prayer. God made him rest, literally sleep, just as He did to me. God gave him bread, just as He gave bread to me. God comforted the hopeless prophet, just as He comforted this hopeless man.

Believe me, there is a God who loves the broken hearted. There is a God who loves the sick. There is a God who loves the rejected. His name is Jesus Christ. By His blood on the cross, He heals us! He saves us!

If you don’t believe my story, just call Him and ask His help. He will heal those who come to Him. He will help you.

I know a way to live, it is funny though. But, surprisingly it is the best way. To live is to believe in God’s love.

Amen.

the brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, it’s the author’s name

picture taken from http://preddvor-td-7a.wikispaces.com/file/view/Hangman.jpg/238124747/Hangman.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment