Friday, September 30, 2011

Student Card

A true story of God who exist.

image

This is my University of Manchester student card. It looks simple, but if you ask me, I will say “IT’S SO COMPLICATED”.

To get this card, I need to open a UK Bank Account, which is hard. I’ve tried it 4 times and they postponed me, sent me to another (other) branch(es) for many reasons. What worried me was that I had to get this card before 28 September, but I couldn’t do it because of the delay.

I asked God to help me. He didn’t answer me at that time, until one day on the bus, I chat with my friends from Ghana. They told me I can go to the xxxx Bank and make an appointment to open a bank account directly. So I came to the bank to make an appointment, the schedule was full, but there was a place for me at a particular date. Guess when!

Yeah, 28 September! (He sure is an on time God)

And it’s not just that. I woke up a bit late on the 28th September. The appointment should be on 9:30, but on 9:25 I was still on the bus.

I got lost (nyasar), and I don’t know where’s the bank. So, I just stopped the bus and walked, feeling a bit disappointed with my lack of navigation skill. Thoughts that I could not register appeared in my mind and I felt discouraged at the time. But you know what? The bank was there in front of my eyes. “Thanks God”. He made me glad. God loves to make His children smile.

28 September 9:30, He opened my bank account, and of course afterwards I can get the student ID card. God could open the way from 16 to 27 September, but He chose 28 September at 9:30 (just when my hope was dying, I found God alive in what He has promised).

I want to testify to you that our God is alive. He exists. He answers prayers. Sometimes we don’t see His answer, because He answers it in His beautiful time. Sometimes He answered our prayers differently than what we hope for, because He knows the best for us. His thoughts and our thoughts are like the heavens compared to the earth.

God loves you, beloved. God hears your prayer. Pray to Him and tell Him your burden, for those who ask will be given, those who seek will find, and the door will be opened for those who knock. In His time, God will make a way where there seems to be no way. Thanks, God.

-the brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, it is the author’s name-

No comments:

Post a Comment