Thursday, September 29, 2011

“I Don’t Know How to Pray”

Have you ever prayed for the same thing again and again until you stop praying, because you thought you’ve had enough? Or you tried to pray, but you don’t know how to pray?

image

I watched the movie called “Evan Almighty”. It tells a story of a new generation Noah (a prophet that built a big ship in the dry season). The man (Evan) who is a prototype of Noah is trying to pray after a long long time. He said: “God, –and some words which I forgot- Amen. God bless you.” Smile.

Well maybe Evan doesn’t really know the Holy Spirit. It is the Spirit that leads us to pray, even though we don’t know how to pray. In fact, no one knows. So, if someone say: I know how to pray, he is a liar or he doesn’t know what he knows.

Let me tell you a true story.

It was a night in my room when I prayed, I was filled by the Holy Spirit and began to intercede (doa syafaat). I don’t know why, but He led me to pray for my brother, for his work specifically. In fact, He gave me a passion to pray for his work. (Did I tell you I don’t know why?). So I kept praying intensively and with eagerness, because I know it’s God using me to pray for my brother’s work.

A few days later, I heard a news that my brother has been promoted in his work. Hallelujah.

Today, when I speak in tongues, I learned one important thing:

When you don’t know how to pray, ask the Holy Spirit for help. He will help you. He (the Holy Spirit) will lead you to intercede (doa syafaat) for your brothers and sisters in Christ. Try it.

-a brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, it is the author’s name-

picture taken from http://jdlong.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/child-praying.jpg?w=500

No comments:

Post a Comment