Monday, October 3, 2011

the power of identity

Is this humility? To say that I am weak, but I am trying to be strong? I lost so many battles and temptations, but I will try my best not to lose again? I know I can’t control my emotion, but I’m trying to be a better person?

“Self help” is another word for not trusting God in our lives. I believe that no man can help themselves. If they can, they do not need a Savior. God help us. But, how?

He gave us an identity.

A week in my new university, I felt very lazy. But I couldn’t fight it. Trying to change my sleeping habit (I used my mathematics alarm – the one you can only stop by solving a mathematical problem-), but it does not work, I always slept again after I solved it. When I woke up, I wanted to study, but Facebook seems more interesting. I want to change this ineffective life, but I can’t!

God help me though. One day, when I was fighting my laziness, I heard a voice in my heart, saying: “I am a student.” The words are so simple, yet powerful. “I am a student”. As a student, I study.

It was raining outside, but I went to McDonxxxx and studied for 2 hours, finishing my reading assignment. It was by grace, and grace alone I can overcome myself.

Gideon was a coward, but he fought the vast army of Midian with only 300 soldiers! Why? Because of the identity God gave him, when He called him: “MIGHTY WARRIOR!”

Jesus was tested 2 times by this conditional statement: “IF YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD,,, blablabla” But, He won! Why? Because HE KNOWS HE IS THE SON OF GOD, HE DOESN’T HAVE TO PROVE IT to the devil!"

What makes a student studies? Because he knows he is a student!
What makes a warrior fought bravely? Because he knows he is a mighty warrior!
What makes a man conquers? Because he knows he is more than a conqueror!

For I am not trying to be a winner, I am a winner, through Christ who loves me!

image

The power of identity. The power of faith.

-the brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, it is the author’s name-
picture taken from https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjJ0GayoATfFucd8b_C_0XiR-UcfnuxhpkfVNoSSzFH_r1Z-gdqfyDiassgaMgLEmTMc_TMlyOwTQMTRSDZpXfMxnK9TGrvVQy_rJelYmGGyIc6WCsol7_4SrTepN26ZGKAE2K9ei1PUt4/s1600-h/image2.png

1 comment:

  1. Semangat bang___di dalam setiap hal memang pasti ada proses..bahkan kita kadang mengalami hal yang sangat susah kita pikirkan!!
    tapi setiap proses akan membentuk karakter kita lebih baik lagi sesuai dengan karakter yang Allah inginkan dalam hidup kita...!!!
    Tetaplah berjuang_punya saat teduh dan jam doa yang baik....Tuhan memberkati bang!!!
    estro!Ilmu Ekonomi Unpad

    ReplyDelete