Friday, July 29, 2011

Lessons from A Little Child

“Something went wrong.” A whispering voice came out of my heart when I talked to my Lover. I didn’t know what went wrong. So, I checked my friends’ facebook, I thought someone must making some serious mistakes, or having some big problems. But I couldn’t find anything. The voice was there again: “Something went wrong”. God then showed me a photograph when I was a kid, and He repeated “Something went wrong.” I have no idea. There is no peace in my heart at that time.

And then I prayed and read my bible. As I was trying to open my bible, another voice appeared. “I look at your heart, not your deeds.” And again “Holiness is determined not by your deeds, but by your heart.”

Finally, I read my bible and the word of God came out from Mark 9:6-8 NIV: Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship in vain; their teachings are but rules thought by men. You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on the traditions of men”

You can praise God with a voice as loud as “tukang gerobak bakpau” in front of your house (I write this because I’m hearing of his loud sound right now ;p), YET your heart is far away from Him. And God sees it. God doesn’t like it. You may pray for 1,5 hours per day, but if you do it just to feel good about yourself, it’s wrong. God wants a relationship, He doesn’t want tradition. Let me make it even clearer, God wants your desire to seek Him, not your prayer or bible reading schedule. (don’t get me wrong, spiritual discipline is good, but doing it without desire is like a chicken soup without chicken).

And He continued. Verse 20-23: “ What comes out of a man is what makes him ‘unclean’. For from within, out of men’s hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man ‘unclean’.”

I bold the arrogance part, because that’s what God wants to get rid out of my life. When I heard “something went wrong”, automatically I thought someone else was making mistakes, someone must have fallen into sins. In other words, I think that ‘something or someone’ who went wrong must be others, not me. Now this thought of “if there’s something went wrong it must not be me because I’m holy” is called “arrogance”. It was a serious serious serious mistake in God’s eyes. Lucifer a.k.a. Loser-ver was an angel in God’s heaven; he was God’s favorite ‘guitar player and worship leader’ until he moved down to hell because of one sin called “arrogance”.

When Jesus’ disciples were arguing about who is the greatest among them, Jesus said: “If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all.” And then He took a little child and had him stand among them, taking him (the little child) in His arms.

If you want to be close with Jesus, if you reallllyyyy want to be in His arms, you need to be humble like the little child. That child knows that in Jesus arms, he is safe. That child doesn’t care about who is the greatest, he only cares about getting close to Jesus. That child doesn’t think too much about his problems, because he knows his Jesus will take care of them. That child jumped into Jesus’ arms not to get money or His blessings, he jumped simply because he wanted to be close with Jesus.

image

While His disciples stand afar from Him, that child was in His arms, close to His heart. For it is written: Though the LORD is on high, He looks upon the lowly, but the proud He knows from afar.” (Psalm 138:6 NIV).

Beloved, you are that little child, in His arms, close to His heart.

Amen.

the brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, it’s the author’s name
Glory to God

picture is taken from
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/files/Caboverdish/201179182820_jesus-and-child.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment