Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cries of Joy

Imagine you are in your house. It was at night, dark, and alone. Everything was silent, except the intimidating sound of someone’s steps at your yard. You look at your window, you saw a man wearing black outfit, carrying a gun. And you know that he was trying to kill you. It was probably your last day in the earth. What would you do?

image

Before you answer this, or stop reading, because it looks like a horror story, I want to tell you about a man facing this similar situation around 3000 years ago.

He was prophesied to be the king of Israel, but that didn’t happen easily. It’s a long story to tell, but here I am to tell you about that night he was facing.

The king (or next king I should say) was in his house. He was hiding from Saul (the one who tried to cut off his head). Saul sent a hit man (killer) to kill this David (the one whose life was about to be ended at that night). What did David do?

My friends, surely he must have called security, don’t you think? Or maybe hiding in his bathroom due to panic, haha (I know it’s not time for making jokes ;p). But what did David do?

HE SANG. Yes, you heard me correctly. HE WAS SINGING.

The bible told me this was David’s words when he knew someone near his house was trying to cut off his head: “But I (David) will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of troubles.” (Psalm 59:16 NIV)

Can you imagine this? Someone is trying to kill him, but what did he do? HE SANG. HE SANG OF HIS LOVER’S STRENGTH, HE SANG OF HIS LOVER’S LOVE.

Today, I myself faced a similar situation. I saw troubles knocking on my “house”. My heart was intimidated and it was almost dead. All of my hope looks like falling apart. I cried, I was so desperate. But not just that, I sang. I know my God loves me. I sang His kindness in my life. And I told Him: “No matter what happen, You are still a good God for me, and I know You love me.” And He came, touching my heart with His loving words.

Beloved, singing is powerful. There is a joy in praising His name even in the hardest times of our lives. Even when you cried, you will find joy when you praise His name. You will even find cries of joy. For the bible said: “Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.” (Psalm 47:1 NIV)

Sing of His strength, sing of His love, and hear His loving words for you today. Amen.

the brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, it’s the author’s name
Glory to God

No comments:

Post a Comment