Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Anchor. Helper.

When I faced a lot of uncertainty in the future, I sometimes began to worry.
Often, I will feel stressed. Being pressured from every directions, I couldn't sleep.
I looked at men and women, hoping for their help.
But, I couldn't find it. I even tried to handle my stress by spending my time in the social media. That too, is useless.

But one day, God spoke to me. He told me that He is my helper. No one else can help me like he can. God showed me how the psalmist understood this:
I lift up my eyes to the mountains -  where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth (Psalm 121:1-2)
And peace overwhelmed me. Peace like no other peace. Peace from God.

The day after, I began to think about another uncertainty. I began to worry again.
The Lord then spoke to me that the future may be uncertain, but my hope in Him is certain, firm, and secure.
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. (Hebrew 6:19-20a)
God is my anchor. Whatever the future I will face, I don't mind. As long as God is with me, everything will be okay.

Beloved, when the uncertain future terrifies you, put your trust in God, your anchor, your helper. Glory to God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment