Wednesday, November 21, 2012

that funky guy called Thomas

i imagine he was wearing a cool-white-professor suite with thick glasses (just my imagination)
he thought he was so cool, so funky
confidently (or I should say scientifically), he said: "Unless I see the nail marks in His (Jesus') hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hands into His side, I will not believe it."
the smart one, eh? talked a lot like he knew better

well, scientifically-dead Jesus then came to him to satisfy the professor's experimental desire
"Put your finger here", He said (Thomas was quiet)
"Reach out your hand and put it into My side." (Thomas: "……….")
Where did the smart-talks go? Why so quiet now?

Jesus then said to him: "Stop doubting and believe."

Finally Thomas managed to speak. He said: "My Lord and my God!"
Well, to be fair, that was not even a proper sentence, there's only one subject and no verb; so technically, the professor was still speechless. Jesus then said to him: "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen yet have believed."

Life could be difficult, and many will say "trust Him". We may say: "Well, I want to, but I couldn't." It was not easy either for Jesus to see His loved ones doubting Him. What He said to Thomas He said to us: "Stop doubting and believe". One has to stop then the other will move. We can't have doubt and believe in the same room. Whenever that doubt speaks, tell him to stop, and speak faith. When your heart says "why this happens to me?" STOP that nonsense-professor's speech! Instead, say: "in all things God works together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Rm 8:28).

Despite his weaknesses, Thomas was loved, Jesus made him believe. The same Jesus who loves that funky guy called Thomas, loves you too. Jesus, teach us to STOP DOUBTING and START BELIEVING, make our doubt speechless we pray. Amen.

Glory to God Almighty

pics from http://www.professorbeej.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/professor.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment