Monday, August 6, 2012

Forgiven

Jesus, O Holy One
I sing to You
Forgiven
Savior, I'm overcome
With Your great love for me

One focuses on himself and his own “imaginary” righteousness,
one focuses on God and His true forgiveness.

One says “thank me”,
the other says “thank YOU”.

One makes God a “liar” by saying “I’ve never sinned”,
the other acknowledges Him as ‘the One who knows all of my weaknesses’.

One judges others and thinks he’s better than others,
the other knows who deserves to sit on the Judge’s seat, he keeps the conversation private.
(“this is between me and God”)

One arrogantly stands up,
one dares not to look up.

One has made himself righteous in his own sight,
the other has been made righteous in God’s sight.

If we want to be a Christian, we need to accept His forgiveness not only when we accept Christ, but at each small breath we take.

-a forgiven man-
inspired by Luke 18:9-14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKwlBFN7SlQ

Glory to God

pics from http://www.banah.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/the-parable-of-the-pharisee-and-the-tax-collector.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment