Sunday, July 8, 2012

Today

Wake up this morning, something struck my mind.

Why am I here? Why am I praying? Don’t I remember the sin I’ve done? That secret stuff I’ve did that broke my Father’s heart?

The past, Dave. The past! What about the past? What about your failure? Have you forgotten your dark past? Why are you here?

Those thoughts discouraged me I must confess. I wanted to pray. I wanted to call my Dad. But what if,, what if He doesn’t want me anymore?

Then God gave me a vision. I saw a man. He was in a pit, was so desperate to go out. Then a rope came, he grabbed it. The vision ended.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgxGsk8NUfeXdexdKQI38TCPMyH3XgMyrZxqrS_GdlHbvZXSZqbuoRXaen3BHFcM2fcpPJXdhUcufM1xQyYr6jyh6xdQPSZB_oSSvp560kUVfdJ7OaPdZzQlBHrg2bf1lRVkaX9QOdP_UI/s400/End+of+my+rope.jpg

What was this vision suppose to mean?

Why did he give me the vision?

I then opened my bible and His words came up from the book of revelation. “Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first.” (Rev 2:5a).

How far I have fallen! Like that man have fallen in the deep pit. But that was his past. God gave him a “rope” of repentance. God gave him a “grip” of grace as His hands are strong enough to pull the man up.

The bible said: “The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand” (Psa 37:23-24). The man may stumble, but he will not fall. Is it because of his strength? No, because God upholds him with His hand.

How far have you fallen? Was it so deep? Too deep? God’s love is even deeper. “As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.” (Psa 103:12). “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him.” (Psa 103:13). That 10 meter pit was nothing compared to the distance of east to west. That 10 meter pit was nothing compared to our Father’s immeasurable compassion.

No matter how far you have fallen, grab that rope! Accept His love and repent! God will give something precious to you. As a father walks with his son, God will walk with you to do “something beautiful  in His mind”.

Throw away those rubbish past newspapers! The newspaper of love starts today! Its headline news is entitled “Hello son! Dad loves you!”

Love you even more

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)

Smile

The brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, it is the writer’s name.

pics taken from https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgxGsk8NUfeXdexdKQI38TCPMyH3XgMyrZxqrS_GdlHbvZXSZqbuoRXaen3BHFcM2fcpPJXdhUcufM1xQyYr6jyh6xdQPSZB_oSSvp560kUVfdJ7OaPdZzQlBHrg2bf1lRVkaX9QOdP_UI/s400/End+of+my+rope.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment