Thursday, March 1, 2012

Abraham’s Sacrifice

Do you believe me when I tell you that Abraham did sacrifice something on the mountain? I don’t mean the lamb, and of course I don’t mean Isaac either. So what was Abraham’s sacrifice? (or am I reading another bible?)

No, Abraham did sacrifice something. It is so pleasing in the eyes of imagethe Lord. Abraham’s sacrifice is called obedience.

‘For Christ said: “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings You did not desire, nor were You pleased with them” (although the law required them). Then He said, “Here I am, I have come to do Your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second.’

It was not Isaac, nor the lamb that made God smile. It is Abraham’s obedience. Obedience that comes from his faith in God. Have you ever met God and heard His words, like Abraham did? If not, let’s pray this prayer with me:

“God, I want to know You more. Let me know You more through Your Son, Jesus Christ. In His mighty name I’ve prayed. Amen.” The bible is God’s word and it has no padlock on it. He will speak when you want to hear.

I have a lot of cool friends, some are so nice to me. But Abraham, he may have lost all of his friends if he did sacrifice Isaac. Now, God is his friend. A story never ends. In earth it may, but not in heaven. A friendship never ends. In earth it may, but not in heaven.

God bless you, praise God.

pics is taken from http://hindsey.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/abraham_isaac_1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment