Friday, August 19, 2011

Who Believes Who?

99% Christians know that they have to believe God, but do they know how much GOD believes them?

Peter’s 1st denial: “I am not (His disciple)”
Peter’s 2nd denial: “I am not (His disciple)”
Peter’s 3rd denial: not written in the book of John, but he just denied Him.

And then Jesus asked him whether he loves Him or not.

Peter’s 1st answer: “You know that I love You.”
Peter’s 2nd answer: “You know that I love You.”
Peter’s 3rd answer: “You know that I love You.” (crying)

If I’m Jesus (and have not been born again ;p), I will say to Peter, “I don’t know that you love me, Peter. In fact, lets look at your track record, let me see. Hmmmm, you denied me 3 times in my hardest times, when I need you the most! How about the two of us eat fried chicken, so that you can remember your denials, before you said to me “YOU KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU!” How dare you said that! ...................... (more like a sinetron)

But thankfully I was not Him.

Jesus’ respond is: “FEED MY LAMBS.”

Do you know how important are these words?

“FEED MY LAMBS” is Jesus’ vision, His mandate, it is the reason why He came to the earth and gave His life, it is something SO precious for Him, AND He trusts it to Peter.

Don’t ask me why. All I know is:

1. GOD IS LOVE. (1 John 4:16)
2. LOVE ALWAYS TRUSTS. (1 Cor 13:7)

1+2 = GOD LOVES YOU AND HE ALWAYS TRUSTS YOU not because of your good track record (if you have one), but because He loves you.

Let’s leave our old life, and start to believe in His love and in His trust, so that we can live only for Him. Amen.

The brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, only the writer’s name.
Praise is only to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment