Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gray Hair Formula

Believe me, this article is not about hair coloring, because I know nothing about it. I’m just a dark haired young man who wants to live a colorful life. :)

imageIt all began when I was sleeping in the afternoon about 3 or 4 days ago. I was so tired, so I slept. I woke up and I don’t know why, but I felt very peaceful. It was just peace filling all over my heart. And I don’t know how it came, but a revelation opened my mind. It said: “gray hair is a man’s pride.”

I, then, searched my bible, found Proverbs 16:31: “Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.”

Cool verse huh? For me, it’s a promise from God that we will have gray hair (living till old, till we’ve finished what we are supposed to do) and it will be our crown (something we take pride of). And God gave us the way to achieve that: “it (gray hair) is attained by a righteous life”.

Righteous life? How should I live righteous? I know I am a righteous man as His blood cleansed me. But living a righteous life? How can I do that?

I believe that the “the RIGHTEOUS will live by FAITH”. And “FAITH comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the WORD OF GOD.”

So, here’s the the formula to attain gray hair and be proud of it (I underlined “be proud of it” because some people have gray hair but they are not proud of it; it’s not a crown for them, it’s more like a curse, no offense):

image

Simple, but true. Because it is the word of God.

BTW, do you know why gray hair is the best sign of aging? Do you know why it is a crown to be proud of?

Because gray hair appears on our head. Head represents mind. So, getting older is identical with getting our mind renewed. Knowing GOD even more. For the bible said: “I wrote to you, fathers, because you have known Him from the beginning.” 

Can we take pride of ‘our gray hair’? 
Can we take pride of ‘knowing God’?

but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me

When we are old, this question can be an intimidating question or a question that shows how responsible we are with our lives: 
“Who is God?” 

Pray this prayer with me: “Father, I want to know You as Jesus have known You. As I grow old, my gray hair will be my pride, because I spent all my life to know and understand You.”

Amen.

the brand of a pen is not written in the bibliography, it is the writer’s name.
Glory to God

pictures taken from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgk0McZ0jg2EQJPhzbzf4_UYDidHWo4-ibE-wI55DGVKbUc1cqIlHLaqGpt5FXI3wqps4RS1QplZBCKCx97DF8qbxhgHtAIITx0eiMKGsdHJK26BiooBzgrMEmZHVpbVkEg63hk6L3mJe5B/s1600/faith-road-sign-with-dramatic-clouds-and-sky.jpg; http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/old%20man%20teeth01.jpg; https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhMS5UNi76rSaqPMjV8MRlm07aHzGpTOnPl-OAt-6TuonLv-wSmVbQ5V5GGvHLOljUnNirJSSiadIMX1sI9CGA3IBZKf0rPqnpb-tiPMIQp0v39hZew1ERnKn5hU6sl7QAY8aBSuG6n3E2O/s1600/gray_hair.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment